Wednesday, April 15, 2009

easter dinner



I'm not a meat eater by nature...I really don't like it but I do however love ham, I just can't think about where it comes from when I eat it....




This year I tried a new glaze and it was DELI SH...





1 cup of brown sugar


juice from a can of pineapple slices


tsp of ground cloves


2 tbs of Dijon mustard


a juiced orange


orange zest


brought that to a boil then set it aside


scored my ham and cloved it with whole cloves and baked it on 350 for 2 hours then took my glaze that had thickened up and brushed the ham on and off for another hour...placed my pineapple slices on the ham the last 1/2 hour.....

Also a family fave from my mom Candied Yams

Boil yams

peal off skins and slice

in a pan melt 2 tbs of brown sugar and add 1 cup of brown sugar

place yams in pan on low heat and let the brown sugar coat yam and flip


IT was so GOOD


For desert which came the next day because we were both not feeling well that day with colds


WHOOPEE PIES!

Pie

Cream together

1 cup butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2tbs vanilla

in separate bowl add

4 cups flour

1 cup cocoa

3 tsp baking soda

1tsp backing powder

1 tsp SALT

Toss

add dry ingredients to wet with 2 cups milk SLOWLY mix

drop on greased cookie sheet (I use an old fashioned ice cream scoop)

Filling

1 cup shortening

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

i jar of marshmallow fluff (big jar)

1 bag of powdered sugar

a few dabs of milk

Yeah not the healthiest of foods but sometimes you just have to go with the tasty unhealthy stuff and enjoy.

3 comments:

skeeter said...

correction melt butter and add brown sugar for the yams

Unknown said...

Yay for Whoopee pies!

Danger Jane said...

those candied yams sound amazing...